Monday 26 August 2013

First Blog

My name is Solomon (but you can also call me Sol)! This is my very first 'blog' so I hope this isn't too amatuer looking?!

 I have a LOT of hobbies, some of these include:
  • Sailing
  • Playing/listening to music
  • Cooking/eating 'good' food
  • Enjoying nature  (for the record, I have pet Muscovy Ducks!)
  • Drawing/designing
  • Acting and doing theatresports
  • Travel (NZ and oversees)
  • History/politics
  • Minecraft etc....
I'm not really that much of a 'jock', but I do enjoy some sports like dodgeball, football and basketball.
My favourite music bands and are Pink Floyd, Guns 'n' Roses, AC/DC, Genesis, Violent Femmes, The Who, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Queen and The White Stripes. I have quite a few favourite movies, but if you asked what was my #1 favourite was, I wouldn't be able to pick! Some of my favourites are (in no particular order); The Godfather Trilogy, The Shining, One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, The Terminator 1 & 2, Goodfellas, To Kill a Mockingbird, Psycho, Borat and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. At this year's International Film Festival I saw two excellent films. The first was called The East and the other was called A Hijacking.

I also enjoy some T.V series like Misfits, Peep Show, Little Britain, Veronica Mars, Flight of the Conchords, Pillars of the Earth, Cheers and Star Trek (original/Next Generation), I am currently watching 24, season 2. An amazing series, highly recommended!! One of the coolest books I have ever read was The Invention of Hugo Cabret. Whilst the story was good, it was the most unique and original style of illustrations I have seen! Another book worth mentioning is The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, a very moving and captivating story. I am currently reading the Time Riders series of novels, these are about time travel.

The best thing about Hagley is the diverse range of students (and teachers) as well as the freedom and encouragement offered during your learning. Plus there is a great variety of modules and clubs available. Some things in the world I am most concerned about include; global warming (more like global warning!), the lack of political stability in places like Syria, Afghanistan and Egypt and the atrocities that have occurred there recently, as well as the affect deforestation is having on wildlife around the world. On a more local level I am quite concerned about the recent GCSB legislation being passed, and I watch with interest the up and coming election of a new Labour leader.


     

     
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi sol i also like eating good food i also like minecraft and history and if you want to know my minecraft name i case we bump in to each other it is The19Nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sol, I'm Kyra :) I too LOVE cooking :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for all the great comments guys! I hope you enjoy my new blog, I did it for my english class.

    ReplyDelete